Personal Taxation

It is your duty to alert HMRC if you are required to complete a personal tax return.

The main reasons are:
  • You are a company director, partner in a partnership
  • You have income from land and property
  • You have taxable foreign income in excess of £300
  • You received trust income
  • You have untaxed income which cannot be collected through your PAYE code
  • Your income exceeds £50,000 and you or your partner received Child Benefit payments
  • You have capital gains tax to pay

Sole Traders

If you’re a sole trader, you run your own business as an individual and are self-employed. You can keep all your business’s profits after you’ve paid tax on them. You’re personally responsible for any losses your business makes.


HMRC is targeting tax evasion by residential landlords. They'll use information about property rental in the UK & abroad plus other information they hold on customers to identify people who might not have paid what is owed.


Our experienced professional team provide a comprehensive range of specialist tax services to individuals. Our approach is personal and individual. Every client matter is led by a partner who first gets to grips with the issues you are facing before bringing into play, as needed, specialist team members with the skills and experience required to resolve each issue promptly and effectively.

We can assist you and guide you to make sure that you obtain the maximum amount of tax relief possible.

© 2022 Countess & Co. All Rights Reserved.